This program is designed to provide an overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended by the ADA Amendments Act. It is ideally suited for HR and supervisory personnel faced with their employees' various "reasonable accommodation" requests, including job restructuring and leaves of absence. A comprehensive review of the ADAAA's key terminology will be followed by a discussion of the most common errors made by employers. Participants will then review recent court cases and EEOC guidance papers and explore how the courts and the EEOC have handled various "disability" situations.
- Discuss and apply the employer's obligation in engaging in the "interactive process"
- Work with and apply the "reasonable accommodation" standard as well as know when "undue hardship" impacts such accommodation
- Effectively deal with those situations where ADAAA, FMLA and state workers' compensation laws must all be complied with at the same time
- Prepare to handle mental conditions as a disability that falls within the protection of the ADAAA
HR managers, HR assistants, managers, and small business owners.
|Date(s):||Wednesday, April 19, 2017|
|Time:||8:30 A.M. - 11:30 A.M.|
Cincinnati ... Register
CPEs: 3 management
SHRM-CP/SCP Recertification Credits: 3
PHR/SPHR/GPHR Recertification Credits: 3
Member Fee: $100.00
Nonmember Fee: $140.00
- Public Training Courses
- Customized In-House Training
- Training Services