Avoiding Liability Landmines
This program is designed to help frontline managers and supervisors understand why they can no longer simply rely on "good judgment" in dealing with employees. Interacting the most with employees, these participants are also the most likely to violate employee rights protected by law. This eye-opening program will expose participants to a myriad of laws impacting their management activities and will examine the most common mistakes they make that lead them and the company into legal trouble.
- Identify management activities impacted by laws
- Identify common legal errors supervisors make with Title VII, ADA, ADEA, USERRA, OSHA, FMLA, and other law
- Explain employment-at-will and ways managers unintentionally create implied employment contracts
- Understand the concepts of wrongful and constructive discharge
- Introduce the following nine legal landmines: failure to document, failure to train, failure to keep evidence, grade inflation on performance evaluations, failure to consult HR, inappropriate electronic messages, inconsistent treatment, inappropriate talk about ex-employees, and uncontrolled references.
Executives, exempt managers, and supervisors. This class is not for Excellence in Leadership series participants.
|Date(s):||Thursday, December 07, 2017|
|Time:||8:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.|
Cincinnati ... Register
Lunch is included.
CPEs: 7 management
SHRM-CP/SCP Recertification Credits: 6.5
PHR/SPHR/GPHR Recertification Credits: 6.5
Member Fee: $190.00
Nonmember Fee: $266.00
- Public Training Courses
- Customized In-House Training
- Training Services