The Role of the HR Assistant
This class explores the supporting role of the HR Assistant in the delivery of HR services to the organization. Participants are provided an overview of pertinent federal and state employment laws and the administration. The program includes guidance on employment records, posting and retention issues, as well as other key HR areas that generally fall within the domain of the Assistant. Participants learn how to create good employee relations, handle questions from management and employees, and safeguard and maintain confidentiality.
- Identify specific recordkeeping and posting requirements
- Introduction to applicable federal and state employment laws: Title VII, EPA, ADEA, ADAAA, FLSA, FMLA, and others
- Discuss the limitations on employment at-will and other concepts
- Develop the skills to support the entire hiring process: evaluating resumes and applications, conducting screening interviews, administering pre-employment tests, etc.
- Explore ways to improve new hire orientation
Who Should Attend:
Anyone assisting with or involved in the administration of HR tasks.
|Date(s):||COL: Thursday, November 09, 2017|
|Time:||8:30 A.M.- 3:00 P.M.|
Columbus ... Register
Member Fee: $165.00
Nonmember Fee: $231.00
- Public Training Courses
- Customized In-House Training
- Training Services