Discipline and Discharge for Managers and Supervisors
Ending the employment relationship is not easy for most managers. Discharge is a huge area for employment litigation, with more and more regulations eroding the concept of "employment at-will". Managers will learn certain precautions that they can take to make sure they discharge legally and ethically. Also discussed will be the importance of coaching substandard performance, behavior, and rules violations as a tool to help the employee succeed.
- Recognize the purpose behind progressive discipline
- Recognize, reinforce, and maintain performance improvements
- Avoid the seven "deadly sins" of reprimanding
- Develop a step-by-step process of preparing for and conducting the disciplinary meeting
- Review and discuss the most often violated laws surrounding termination that may prompt charges against the organization
- Develop a step-by-step process of preparing for and conducting the termination meeting that is both legal and ethical.
Managers and Supervisors involved in the disciplinary process
SHRM-CP/SCP Recertification Credits: 4
PHR/SPHR/GPHR Recertification Credits: 4
Member Fee: $120.00
NonMember Fee: $168.00
- Public Training Courses
- Customized In-House Training
- Training Services