Human Resource Management I
This comprehensive 24-hour program provides an intensive overview of the key elements of the contemporary HR function. Participants are introduced to the body of HR knowledge they need to perform in the modern HR practitioner role, and are offered practical, usable ideas for handling HR matters. The focus is on being able to spot issues and learning "what questions to ask" rather than trying to provide all the answers in the ever-changing, complicated HR field.
- Identify and apply federal/state laws to your workplace rules and standards
- Manage the employment process from job analysis to recruiting, screening, interviewing, testing, and background checks to making the offer
- Evaluate how best to welcome and retain new employees, including orientation, onboarding and benefit basics
- Assure compliance with employment recordkeeping requirements
- Grasp fundamentals of Leaves of Absence, including highlights of FMLA, ADA, Workers' Comp and other leaves
- Understand Wage and Hour regulations and how to avoid violations
- Improve HR's role in communication
- Manage workplace performance, including issues of discipline and discharge.
Current or future HR generalists, managers, and others overseeing HR functions.
- Public Training Courses
- Customized In-House Training
- Training Services
- Speaker's Bureau