Human Resource Training
ERA offers the following classes addressing Human Resource Training for HR Professionals, Supervisors and Managers. ERA HR Training equips both new and experienced HR professionals to face the challenges and demands of their job. Employees that would benefit the most from the class are included under the class name. A more detailed description is available for each of these class including dates and instructors. If you are unable to find what you are looking for or if you would like more information please feel free to contact Gary Mertz at 513-679-4120 for Cincinnati, or Monique Kahkonen 614-538-9410 for Columbus.
Courses currently scheduled:
- Human Resource Management II - The second course of the series was redesigned in 2019 to allow for a deeper dive into four core knowledge areas that HR professionals must address that directly impact Employee Engagement and Retention: motivation, compensation, employee development, and performance evaluation. Participants learn strategies to evaluate job context, content, and human variables to analyze if and how their organizations are undermining engagement. In a tight labor market, they'll consider how to respond to external pay pressures, while maintaining internal equity and market competitiveness. To make sure the workforce is skilled and employees envision career paths and development opportunities, participants learn how to identify and move closer towards a learning organization culture, including how to assess needs, design, develop and evaluate training for employees and managers throughout their careers. An indepth study of the pros and cons of popular performance evaluation methodology helps participants evaluate what is best to drive their organization's culture and business goals.
Like HRM I, this foundational course focuses on building a body of knowledge, but also intertwines some peer discussions with lively, thought-provoking lecture .
- Investigating Employee Complaints & Misconduct - Nearly every company will eventually need to conduct an investigation. Whether prompted by an allegation of workplace harassment, a problem of theft, or some other form of misconduct, a prompt and thorough investigation is a critical first step toward protecting your organization. Participants will learn valuable skills and methods for navigating this difficult managerial task.
- OFCCP Audit Letter: Now What?! - When an organization receives an OFCCP audit letter, the reaction is often PANIC! Part of this response might be fear of the unknown. If you've never been through an OFCCP audit, it can sound scary. Understanding what to expect and how to respond to the compliance officer can turn panic into confidence! This class aims to do just that - provide you with the confidence to ace the audit.
- Principles of Employee Compensation - New Class Time
A four hour program to gain an understanding of the components of an effective compensation system. Intended to attract, retain and reward employees, compensation is as much an art as a science. Practitioners need a clear understanding of the logic behind various strategies to administer compensation plans and explain decisions. This course is designed for an HR generalist or representative who has little or no background in compensation and wants a broad overview of compensation practices and trends.
- The Role of the HR Assistant - This class explores the supporting role of the HR Assistant in the delivery of HR services to the organization. Participants are provided an overview of pertinent federal and state employment laws and the administration. The program includes guidance on employment records, posting and retention issues, as well as other key HR areas that generally fall within the domain of the Assistant. Participants learn how to create good employee relations, handle questions from management and employees, and safeguard and maintain confidentiality.
Other courses available:
- Administering a Remote Workforce - Working remotely brings a whole new set of compliance questions to the work relationship. Employers are unable to physically monitor the amount of work an employee does or how safe their work setup is. This program will cover common compliance issues which arise when employees work remotely, including wage and hour matters, safety, and policies.
- Affirmative Action Planning Requirements - Affirmative action requirements can be very confusing and overwhelming, especially to individuals new to equal opportunity officer responsibilities. This class is designed to provide the information necessary to allow participants to more competently prepare their AAP, particularly important with the new regulations concerning veterans and the disabled.
- Complete Compensation: Design & Implementation - This class will prepare you to create and implement your own compensation program and will give you the opportunity for practical applications in class.
- Discipline & Discharge for HR Professionals - This course takes an in-depth look at the legal tests and rules that influence judges (arbitrators) and juries in deciding whether such employer actions will be endorsed or overturned. Participants also delve into the unwritten rules and assumptions that these tribunals follow in reaching decisions. Participants look in detail at both what has to occur in a discipline and discharge investigation to satisfy such tribunals that "due process" occurred, and what makes up "The Seven Steps of Just Cause" that get such actions accepted rather than rejected. Finally, we will examine what types of misconduct cause tribunals particular difficulty in affirming the employer's discipline or discharge penalty.
- Health and Wellness: Improving Your Bottom Line - The data is clear. Organizations with wellness programs improve workplace safety, reduce time away from the job, reduce workers' compensation claims and reduce turnover. This program is designed to provide the knowledge, tools and rationale to start or improve an existing health and wellness program in your organization with the specific goal having a real return on investment (R.O.I.)
- Honda SARG Human Resource Management I - PRIVATE EVENT HONDA SARG
- Honda SARG Human Resource Management II - PRIVATE EVENT HONDA SARG
- HR Management III - The third course of the series is redesigned for 2020 to provide a more personalized experience for participants as managers and leaders. We'll examine and practice behaviors needed to wield more influence, both as department managers and as leaders in the organization. Participants will work on strategies for managing conflict, including evaluating their level of assertion to be persuasive without being perceived as aggressive. Techniques to recognize and confront resistance are mastered as added ways to gain credibility and traction with colleagues and upper management. Participants will also practice coaching and giving positive feedback that yields results.
- Human Resource Management I - This comprehensive 24-hour program provides an intensive overview of the key elements of the contemporary HR function. Participants are introduced to the body of HR knowledge they need to perform in the modern HR practitioner role, and are offered practical, usable ideas for handling HR matters. The focus is on being able to spot issues and learning "what questions to ask" rather than trying to provide all the answers in the ever-changing, complicated HR field.
- Labor Law Essentials for Non-Union Workplaces - In recent years, the NLRB has significantly expanded the scope of its guidance and rules in a way that directly impacts non-union workplaces. This course provides both non-union and union employers with practical guidance on bringing work rules and policies into compliance with the NLRB decisions. In addtion, the course also identifies effective strategies to prevent union organizing. This course is beneficial for Human Resource professionals, supervisors and managers.
- Management Rights In A Union Organizing Campaign - Designed for management of non-union facilities, this program offers practical tips of what an employer can do and cannot do legally when faced with an actual or potential union organizing campaign. In addition, it will educate managers and supervisors about the differences between what employees really want from an employer and what management thinks they want. Participants will gain insight into why employees choose unions and how successful union-free companies respond to union organizing campaigns.
- OSHA 10-HR General Industry Outreach Training Program - This two-day program covers the most frequently cited OSHA safety and health standards for general industry and includes all of the mandatory elements of OSHA's 10-Hour Voluntary Compliance Course.
- OSHA 30-HR General Industry Outreach Training Program - This five-session program will cover all of the major OSHA standards, how they apply to general industry and what companies need to do to meet the requirements. There is no other program that offers as much comprehensive information about the OSHA standards. Participants will learn how to take the OSHA standards and apply them immediately to their workplace. This program has been used by thousands of safety professionals over the years to guide the development of effective safety programs for their organizations.
- SHRM-CP/SCP Certification Prep. Course - NEW TIME -
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK) which encourages HR professionals to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success.
- Workplace Violence Plans, Prevention and Mitigation - Workplace Violence is more than just headlines... it hurts people and your bottom line, with lost time, turnover, lawsuits and enforcement actions. For Supervisors and Managers the #1 cause of death and serious injury is Workplace Violence. An average related lawsuit award is $3M. The average settlement is $600K. In today's ever changing workplace, you cannot afford to be unaware of the risks and remedies. This program will help you:
- Public Training Courses
- Customized In-House Training
- Training Services
- Speaker's Bureau