ERA offers the following classes addressing Legal Compliance for organizations. HR Legal Compliance training provides you and your organization with safeguards to ensure you protect the organization without violating the rights of employees. Employees that would benefit the most from the class are included under the class name. A more detailed description is available for each of these class including dates and instructors. If you are unable to find what you are looking for or if you would like more information please feel free to contact Gary Mertz at 513-679-4120 for Cincinnati, or Monique Kahkonen 614-538-9410 for Columbus.
Courses currently scheduled:
- ADAAA Essentials - This program is designed to provide an overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended by the ADA Amendments Act. It is ideally suited for HR and supervisory personnel faced with their employees' various "reasonable accommodation" requests, including job restructuring and leaves of absence. A comprehensive review of the ADAAA's key terminology will be followed by a discussion of the most common errors made by employers. Participants will then review recent court cases and EEOC guidance papers and explore how the courts and the EEOC have handled various "disability" situations.
- FMLA Essentials - This program is designed to provide a working knowledge of the FMLA requirements and is ideally suited for growing organizations at or near the 50-employee threshold of the regulation, or any manager new to the FMLA.
- Wage & Hour Law Essentials - Employee suits alleging wage and hour violations are on the rise and making headlines. In this program, we will review the various components of the Fair Labor Standards Act. It also will provide you with a safe, convenient forum to ask your FLSA questions. Participants will leave the program equipped with a thorough understanding of their company's pay obligations under the FLSA.
Other courses available:
- COBRA Essentials - This program is designed to provide an overview of COBRA requirements and is ideally suited for growing organizations at or near the 20-employee threshold of the regulation. Even if your organization outsources COBRA administration to a third party administrator, you are still responsible for ensuring compliance with these strict and complex legal procedures. Real-life situations are used to illustrate the various provisions and bring the group into the discussion.
- Employment Law Update and Review
- This valuable day with legal experts provides tremendous insight into the latest laws, rulings and practical interpretations to allow the executive or HR professional to perform a difficult job confidently, avoid expensive litigation, and keep personal knowledge up-to-date.
- I-9 and E-Verify Compliance Webinar - Whether you're an HR professional or business owner, there are 4 key questions you MUSTask yourself:
- Navigating the Treacherous Triangle: FMLA, ADAAA & Workers' Compensation - This is an advanced leave management course. It is designed for participants who have a working knowledge of each leave law independently. When applied individually, each of these three laws creates a myriad of compliance challenges. This course explores the complex compliance challenges that surface when two or more of these leave laws are in play at the same time. Participants will review recent court decisions and engage in thought-provoking case studies to sharpen skills related to each law independently and collectively. Prior to participating in this course, we recommend, but do not require, that participants take FMLA Essentials and ADAAA Essentials.
- Public Training Courses
- Customized In-House Training
- Training Services
- Speaker's Bureau